Each year, we hold an online Meet & Greet Lottery to give everyone an equal chance of meeting their favourite creator. This ensures that no one waits in line needlessly only to be disappointed when a session is full, and it reduces the length of time people are waiting in Meet & Greet Hall lines in general.
You must purchase a Community or Industry ticket to VidCon London in order to participate in the Meet & Greet Lottery. Single day Community Track tickets do not have access to the Meet & Greet Hall.
The 2019 VidCon London Meet & Greet Lottery will run from 8th – 22nd January 2019.
HERE’S HOW IT WORKS:
The Meet & Greet Lottery is open to Community and Industry attendees only.
Creator Track and single-day Community Track attendees do not have access to the Meet & Greet Hall. Chaperone tickets will only have access to the Meet & Greet Hall when they are accompanying an attendee who has received a meet & greet session.
The Meet & Greet Lottery is the ONLY way to have access to the Meet & Greet Hall at VidCon London, where meet & greets with Featured Creators will take place.
If you want to meet Featured Creators, you MUST enter the Meet & Greet Lottery. This is not a first-come, first-served lottery — you can take your time submitting your choices before the deadline.
HOW TO ENTER:
- Log into the Meet & Greet Lottery site with your email address and Ticket Number or Order Number. These can be found in the confirmation email you received when you purchased your ticket (the Ticket Number will start with TK and the Order Number will start with RD). If you purchased multiple tickets, be sure to enter the lottery with each one!
- Rank your top Featured Creator picks for the lottery.
- Save your lottery picks. You may log back into the lottery at any time and modify your choices, but your choices will be locked down and FINALISED once the deadline passes.
- That’s it! When the lottery closes, we will run the computerised system that will determine who gets into which meet & greets, based on everyone’s preferences.
- Lottery results will be made available one week later. We will email you on that day to let you know that the Meet & Greet Lottery results are finalised, and you’ll be able to log back into the lottery site to see which meet & greets you made it into!
In the interest of allowing as many people as possible to participate in the Meet & Greet Hall, most sessions will utilize our professional photography service. Our photographer will take a high-quality photo, which you can then access online for free shortly after your session. You can download, save, and share these photos which look great and make the process easier for creators and attendees alike! You will find out which sessions include professional photos when you receive your lottery results.
The Buddy System is back! Want to join the lottery with a friend? Good news, we have the Buddy System for that very reason!
You can join lottery entries with one other registered attendee using our Buddy System. If you join entries with another attendee, you and the attendee with whom you linked entries will receive the same lottery results. It is not possible to enter the Buddy System with more than one other person.
To join registrations, simply click, “Join another person to this entry” under Buddy System and enter the email and Ticket (TK) Number of the person with whom you want to join entries.
After you join entries, either Buddy may log in and modify the lottery picks. Either Buddy can disconnect the join at any time by clicking “Break Join.”
NOTE: Utilising the Buddy System does not increase your chances of getting any particular Featured Creator in the lottery — it is simply a way to attend meet & greets with a friend!
If you are a chaperone (18 years or older) who has purchased a Chaperone or Community Track ticket, you may accompany the child you are chaperoning to their meet & greets in the Meet & Greet Hall. However, the Chaperone ticket does not allow you to participate in the Meet & Greet Lottery.
If you wish to participate in the Meet & Greet Lottery and be in the photograph, you must purchase a Community or Industry Track ticket.
WHEN YOU GET TO VIDCON
When you arrive at Registration to get your VidCon badge, you will also receive your meet & greet credentials. We will have more details on this when we get closer to the event.
Trading of meet & greets is NOT permitted.