VIDCON LONDON REGISTRATION TERMS & CONDITIONS
Last modified: 27 August 2019
VidCon International LLC (“VidCon”, “our”, “us” or “we”) and its affiliates are proud to produce VidCon London (“Event”). The following Registration Terms and Conditions (“Terms”) apply to you and any party you are registering for participation in any VidCon Event (“Participant”, “you” or “your”), and such Participant’s registration, attendance, participation, enrolment, and/or application for involvement in the Event, including but not limited to your purchase and/or possession of any Event entry material, such as badges, wristbands, tickets, passes, and giveaways (“Credentials”).
We advise that you read the following paragraphs carefully before registering for participation in any VidCon Event and/or purchasing any Credentials: “Refund & Revocation Policy” and “Limitation of liability”, which are set out below.
About us. VidCon is a Delaware limited liability company, and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Viacom International Inc. with place of business at 1515 Broadway New York NY 10036 USA. Our registered VAT number is 20-3696882.
Contacting us. You can contact us by writing to us at [email protected] or our place of business address set out above. You should direct any complaints to us via one of these methods of communication.
- Commencement of the Agreement. This Agreement shall commence on the earlier of: (i) you clicking “I Accept”; or (ii) our acceptance of your order for Credentials, which will take place when we email you to accept it.
- Acceptance of your order for Credentials. If we are unable to accept your order for Credentials, we will inform you of this in writing and will not charge you for the Credentials.
- Your rights to make changes. If you wish to make a change to the Credentials you have ordered please contact us via the email address listed above. We will let you know if the change is possible. If it is possible we will let you know about any changes to the price of the Credentials, the timing of supply or anything else which would be necessary as a result of your requested change and ask you to confirm whether you wish to go ahead with the change. If we cannot make the change or the consequences of making the change are unacceptable to you, you may want to end the Agreement (see your rights to end this Agreement below). This does not affect your rights to cancel set out in clause 7(iii) below.
- Providing you with the Credentials. Upon completion of your ticket purchase you will be provided with a Ticket Confirmation email containing a QR code, which may be presented at the Event to receive your physical Credentials. Physical Credentials can also be redeemed at the Event using a Photo ID. Credentials will be your responsibility from the time we deliver the Ticket Confirmation to the email address you gave us. We may need certain information from you so that we can supply the Credentials to you, for example, first name, last name, age, and email address. If so, this information will be collected from you at the time of purchase. We will not be responsible for supplying the Credentials late or not supplying any part of them if this is caused by you supplying us with incomplete or incorrect information. It is your responsibility to update, modify, or correct ticket information yourself via our ticketing site, or reach out to us at [email protected] in a timely manner to update, modify, or correct ticket information on your behalf prior to the event. The deadline to modify ticket information is 19 February 2020..
- Payment. The price of the Credential (which includes VAT) will be the price indicated on the order pages when you placed your order for the Credential. We take all reasonable care to ensure that the price of the Credential advised to you is correct. You must pay the price of the Credential at the time you place your order for the Credential.
- Refund & Revocation Policy. All Credentials are the sole property of VidCon. VidCon may, if it has reason to believe that the Participant has breached these Terms, cancel, revoke or refuse from any individual or company the following: Credentials, merchandise, reservations for activities (such as meet & greets and movie nights), and/or other purchases. VidCon shall not be responsible for any penalty, fee, loss, or expense that might result from such action, if and to the extent such action is taken as a result of a breach by the Participant of these Terms.
(i) You will have until 11 February 2020 at 11:59 PM (GMT) to cancel your registration. Please refer to our Refund Policy below.
(ii) Please read the following Refund Policy carefully:
- Single-day tickets: Single-day tickets are NON-REFUNDABLE, subject to your right to cancel set out below.
- Industry Track tickets: Industry Track tickets are NON-REFUNDABLE, subject to your right to cancel set out below.
iii. Student Tickets: Student tickets are NON-REFUNDABLE, subject to your right to cancel set out below.
- Community, Creator, and Chaperone Tickets: Refunds for Community
Track, Creator Track, and Chaperone tickets will incur the following processing
- £35 processing fee per ticket refunded between 9 September and 31 October, 2019 at 11:59 PM (GMT);
- £50 processing fee per ticket refunded between 1 November and 11 February, 2020 at 11:59 PM (GMT);
- No refunds after 11 February, 2020 at 11:59 PM (GMT).
(iii) You may cancel your order for Credentials and merchandise and receive a full refund if you notify us in writing that you wish to exercise your right to cancel your order within fourteen (14) days after the day we email you to accept your order for Credentials. This right does not apply if you attend the Event before the fourteen (14) day period has expired.
(iv) If you purchased merchandise please make sure you refund your entire order using your order number. If you are unsure whether or not you purchased merchandise, please email [email protected] Any merchandise purchased via our Website [or at an Event] is subject to the terms and conditions made available to you at the time you made the purchase.
(v) Unused Credentials have no monetary value and cannot be credited to future years or events. VidCon will not issue refunds or credits due to failure to redeem a discount coupon during the registration process. Discounted prices are based on the date payment is received in the VidCon office.
(vi) Lost or stolen Credentials will not be replaced, if such circumstances arise for reasons which are not our fault. In the event Credentials are lost or stolen, new Credentials will need to be purchased at an additional cost to you of Fifteen Pounds (£15) for a Participant’s continued access to the Event.
(vii) Use of a Credential by anyone other than the authorised individual will result in revocation of the Credential without any refund.
- Redemption of Credentials. VidCon Credentials are issued to, can be picked up by, and used by only the individual named in the registration (with the exception of the giveaways). VidCon Credentials are non-transferable after they have been picked up. VidCon badges allow the badge holder entry to specific defined events. Event admission is subject to venue capacity and age restrictions in compliance with local laws. Age restrictions are specific to each venue. Children under the age of 16 must at all times be accompanied by a parent or other adult guardian.
- Code of Conduct. Event Participants agree to the VidCon Code of Conduct. VidCon reserves the right, without refund, to revoke the Credentials of Participants whose conduct violates the Code of Conduct.
- Risk of injury. Each Participant understands that participating in the Event is voluntary and may involve certain risks of physical injury, damage to property, and other damages or losses that may be sustained by a Participant. Subject to the limitations of our liability below, each Participant assumes all risk of damages, property loss, and personal injury which may occur by participating in the Event.
- Limitation of liability. We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
(i) Please note that our Credentials are not intended to be used by business Participants. In no event shall VidCon and/or its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, shareholders, attorneys, employees, licensors, partners, contractors, advisors, suppliers agents and/or other representatives be liable to you or any third party for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty or otherwise, arising under, in connection with or as a result of your use of or inability to use the Credentials or for any other damage whatsoever, including without limitation resulting from: (i) loss of profits, sales, business or revenue; (ii) business interruption; (iii) loss of anticipated savings; (iv) loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; and (v) loss of use or corruption of data, and in each case of (i) to (v) above, whether or not VidCon has been advised of the possibility of such loss or damage or whether such loss or damage is foreseeable, direct, indirect, consequential, special, punitive or incidental. You agree that VidCon’s liability arising out of any kind of legal claim in any way connected to the Credentials shall not exceed the lesser of: (i) the amount you paid to VidCon for the Credential; or (ii) [one hundred pounds sterling (£100)].
(ii) If you are a consumer Participant: [Please note that we only provide our Credentials for domestic and private use.] You agree not to use the Credentials for any commercial or business purposes, and if you do, you will be considered a “business Participant” for the purposes of this Agreement and the exclusions and limitations of liability set out in the paragraph above headed “If you are a business Participant” shall apply. In all other circumstances, if you are a consumer Participant and if we fail to comply with this Agreement, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of us breaching this Agreement or our failing to use reasonable care and skill, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time you and us entered into this Agreement, both you and us knew it might happen, for example, if you discussed it with us. If you suffer loss or damage which is caused by our failure to use reasonable care and skill, we will either repair the damage or pay you compensation.
- No prizes. VidCon Credentials may not be used as a prize in any form of promotion, contest, game, or sweepstakes without written pre-approval from VidCon.
- Lost and Found. “Lost and Found”, which is where any lost items during an Event may be taken, will be located at the registration help desk during the Event. Participants can drop off found items at the registration help desk during the Event. Participants can also email a description of an item and the location it was lost or found to [email protected] After ninety (90) days following the Event, unclaimed lost and found items may be disposed of in VidCon’s sole discretion.
- Your rights to end this Agreement. You may end this Agreement by notice in writing to us if: (i) we have told you about an upcoming change to the Credentials or these Terms which you do not agree to, or we have told you about an error in the price or description of the Credentials you have ordered and you do not wish to proceed, or there is a risk that supply of the Credentials may be significantly delayed because of events outside our control, or we have suspended supply of the Credentials for technical reasons or we have notified you we are going to suspend them for technical reasons, in each case for a period beyond the date of the Event, or we have done something wrong, then in each of the aforementioned cases, this Agreement will end immediately and we will refund you in full for any Credentials which have not been provided or redeemed to you and you may also be entitled to compensation; or (ii) before it is completed where we are not at fault and you have not changed your mind in accordance with your right to cancel in clause 7(iii) above, then this Agreement will end immediately and we will refund any sums paid by you for Credentials not provided but we may deduct from that refund (or, if you have not made an advance payment, charge you) [£[ ] as compensation for the net costs we will incur as a result of your ending this Agreement OR reasonable compensation for the net costs we will incur as a result of your ending this Agreement]. In each case that you end this Agreement, we will cancel, revoke or refuse from any individual or company the Credentials.
- Our rights to end this Agreement. We may end this Agreement by notice in writing to you if: (i) you do not make any payment to us when it is due and you still do not make payment within [seven (7)] days of us reminding you that payment is due; (ii) you do not, within a reasonable time of us asking for it, provide us with information that is necessary for us to provide the Credentials to you (see the types of information we require from you in clause 4 above) (iii) you do not, within a reasonable time, allow us to deliver the Credentials to you or collect them from us. If we end this Agreement in any of the situations mentioned in this clause, we will refund any money you have paid in advance for Credentials we have not provided but we may deduct or charge you [£[ ] as compensation for the net costs we will incur as a result of your breach of this Agreement OR reasonable compensation for the net costs we will incur as a result of your breach of this Agreement.]
- Governing law and jurisdiction. The Terms will be governed by the laws of England, without regard to its principles of conflicts of laws. Each Participant and VidCon hereby irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales, and agrees that any such court will be the proper forum for the determination of any dispute arising hereunder, unless you are a resident of Scotland, you may bring proceedings in Scotland, or if you are a resident of Northern Ireland, you may bring proceedings in Northern Ireland. Alternative dispute resolution is a process where an independent body considers the facts of a dispute and seeks to resolve it, without you having to go to court. If you are not happy with how we have handled any complaint, you may want to contact the alternative dispute resolution provider we use. You can submit a complaint to [name of ADR entity] via their website at [website address]. [[name of ADR entity] will not charge you for making a complaint and if you are not satisfied with the outcome you can still bring legal proceedings]. In addition, please note that disputes may be submitted for online resolution to the European Commission Online Dispute Resolution platform.
- Changes to the Credentials and Terms. VidCon reserves the right to make changes to the Credentials and the Terms at any time to: (i) reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements; and (ii) implement minor technical adjustments and improvements, for example to address a security threat. The changes covered by (i) and (ii) above are changes that we consider will not have a detrimental affect you (together referred to as “Minor Changes”). We may make Minor Changes to the Terms without notice to each Participant, so we suggest that you check back and review the Terms from time to time. VidCon also reserves the right to make other changes to the Credentials and the Terms, which are not Minor Changes but which are more significant changes (“Significant Changes”) and if we do, we will notify you in advance of such Significant Changes applying to you and if you not accept the Significant Changes you may end the Agreement between us in accordance with clause 16 above.
- Your right to transfer this Agreement. You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under this Agreement to another person if we agree to this in writing or if these Terms expressly allow you to transfer your rights or your obligations to another person.
- Our right to transfer this Agreement. We may transfer our rights and obligations under this Agreement to another organisation. [We will always tell you in writing if this happens and we will ensure that the transfer will not affect your rights under this Agreement OR We will contact you to let you know if we plan to do this. If you are unhappy with the transfer you may contact us to end this Agreement within [fourteen (14) days] of us telling you about it and we will refund you any payments you have made in advance for Credentials not provided].
- No rights of third parties. This Agreement is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms.
- Invalid, illegal or unenforceable terms. In the event that any term or provision of the Terms shall be deemed invalid, illegal or unenforceable in any respect, such term or provision shall be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining term or provision.
- No waiver. Any failure by you or VidCon to enforce or exercise any provision of this Agreement or related right shall not constitute a waiver of that right or provision.
- Interpretation. Any reference in the Terms to “in writing” includes by email.